Key reasons to consider an investment in ProMIS Neurosciences
- Massive market opportunity and unmet medical need in neurodegenerative diseases.
ProMIS Neurosciences creates differentiated antibody therapies in neurodegenerative diseases (Alzheimer’s, ALS, Parkinson’s) and other mis-folded protein diseases – There are currently no disease-modifying therapies available (therapies that address the root cause of disease and slow or stop progression) in neurodegenerative disease. Meeting that need is potentially the greatest opportunity remaining in pharma/biotech.
- Management team. Experienced, complementary management team with outstanding scientific and business advisory boards.
- Significant risk mitigation/reduction of ProMIS proposed product candidates.
ProMIS is addressing the two main obstacles that have stood in the way of disease- modifying therapy in the past
- Selectivity – competitive programs (both those that have failed and those ongoing) have not been highly selective for the mis-folded form of disease proteins, the actual root cause. ProMIS’ unique and patented antibody science platform has allowed us to create a portfolio of highly selective antibodies for the mis-folded, toxic forms of disease-causing proteins.
- Efficient clinical trial designs – clinical endpoints in neurodegenerative diseases, particularly in Alzheimer’s, are qualitative and subjective (cognition, function), requiring a very large number of patients, long treatment periods, and significant expenditure to get reliable clinical proof of concept data. ProMIS is capitalizing on recent advances in fluid-based biomarkers, assessments done with blood or spinal fluid, that can objectively and rapidly measure the effect of a drug on the root cause of disease. This approach can dramatically shorten the time, capital, and risk to value-creating clinical proof of concept data.