Scientific Advisory Board (SAB)
The ProMIS SAB brings together a multidisciplinary group of specialists in Alzheimer’s and neurodegenerative disease along with experts in neurotoxic, propagating misfolded proteins (prions). The current members of the Company’s SAB are:
- Neil R. Cashman, MD, Chief Science Officer at ProMIS Neurosciences and Professor of Medicine at the University of British Columbia, where he holds the Canada Research Chair in Neurodegeneration and Protein Misfolding Diseases, and serves as the Director of the UBC ALS Centre. Dr. Cashman is recognized as a pioneer in the field of prions and their role in development of neurodegenerative diseases, in particular ALS and AD. Neil Cashman is co-chair of the SAB.
- Todd E. Golde, MD, PhD., Director of the Center for Translational Research in Neurodegenerative Disease at the University of Florida where he directs a robust program of scientific discovery aimed at translating basic discoveries in neurodegenerative disease into diagnostics and treatments for patients. Dr. Golde is co-chair of the SAB.
- William C. Mobley, MD, PhD., Dr. Mobley is Associate Dean for Neurosciences Initiatives, Distinguished Professor of Neurosciences, and Florence Riford Chair for Alzheimer Disease at the University of California, San Diego where he also serves as Executive Director of the university’s Down Syndrome Center for Research and Treatment. Dr. Mobley’s research focuses on the neurobiology of neuronal dysfunction in developmental and age-related disorders of the nervous system. He has conducted pioneering work on the neurobiology of Alzheimer’s disease and Down syndrome.
- Lary C. Walker, PhD, Associate Professor of Neurology and Research Professor at Emory University Yerkes National Primate Research Center. Lary Walker’s research has been directed toward understanding the mechanisms by which the Alzheimer-associated proteins Amyloid beta and tau form pathogenic assemblies in vivo and how these agents spread in the brain.
Harnessing the power of precision medicine to conquer Alzheimer’s disease.
Business Advisory Board
The ProMIS Business Advisory Board brings together recognized leaders in the fields of biotech business management, diagnostic product development and monoclonal antibody design and manufacture. The current members of the business advisory board are:
- Mara G. Aspinall, MBA, is a diagnostic industry pioneer. She is Executive Chairman of GenePeeks, a company leading a paradigm shift at the intersection of personalized medicine and computational genomics with genetic testing. Mara is the former President and CEO of Ventana Medical Systems, a division of Roche Group, a worldwide leader in the development and commercialization of tissue-based cancer diagnostics.
- Nigel Burns, PhD, has over 20 years’ experience in the biotech sector, in particular in the field of monoclonal antibodies for the treatment of chronic disease. Nigel has held a series of industry leadership roles including Senior Vice President of Cambridge Antibody Technology, and most recently, CEO and Founder of SweetSpot Therapeutics Ltd. Nigel was entrepreneur-in-residence for Imperial Innovations and has served on multiple national and international scientific and industry advisory boards and committees.
- Michael Higgins, MBA, is currently an entrepreneur-in-residence at Polaris Partners. Previously at Genzyme, Mr. Higgins held a variety of leadership roles, including Vice President of Corporate Finance and Vice President of Business Development, and was involved with multiple business units, including Cell Therapy, Gene Therapy and Orphan Diseases.